Mens Lacrosse Season Review

John Brandenburg

Pictures by John Brandenburg

Jim Stanfield, Sports Editor

The Warbirds lost Tuesday night in the second round of the playoffs to Apex at home 16-8.

While disappointed not to move onto the next round, the Falcons had an outstanding season finishing with an overall record of 15-2. They thrived on the road going 7-0, and were 10-0 in conference play. Before the loss to Apex, the Warbirds had won 13 straight with only one loss to Chapel Hill 11-10 early in the regular season.

Their attack was lead by senior Yasir Stroud with an excellent 47 Goals with 38 assists, alongside a trio of exceptional sophomores Sam Ferrell, Jordan Dash, and Noah Wilson. The three sophomores combined for 117 goals on the year and bring a bright future for the program. Yasir Stroud will not be finished with lacrosse as he goes to play for Catawba College in Salisbury NC. Star sophomore Sam Ferrel said after asked about the future of the program “with all of us returning I feel like we can follow in the path of the departing seniors and also give underclassmen below us to follow in our shoes.”

The Warbirds will be sadly losing a great group of seniors in the midfield, Jack Perry, Mason Perry, and defensive midfielder Alex High. Jack Perry finished his senior season with a strong 21 assists paired with 13 goals, Mason also finished with a superb 18 assisted to go with 14 goals. Alex High who hasn’t played since freshman year stood out as a great addition to this year’s defense and midfield. When asked about his opinion of the season High said “ I think we were extremely successful, we improved a ton as the season went on and we lost against a great team in the second round, but we never stopped fighting”

In goal for Jordan this season was exceptional senior Robert Eigenrauch who had an amazing year, ending the season with over 137 saves and had a save rate of 62.5%. Second year goaltender Cole Helwig will be taking over in net next year for the Falcons.

The Falcons defense was rock solid all year only allowing 5.6 goals a game, led by Senior Ben Felier. Feiler ended the season with a total of 22 takeaways and 33 ground balls to cap off his outstanding  Jordan lacrosse career. Two sophomores Ryan Reed and Will Cupit were also instrumental for the defensive success. Reed finished the season with 6 TA and 17 ground balls, and Cupit finished with 6 TA and 37 ground balls.

Seniors Mason Perry, Jack Perry, Alex Harris, Alex High, Ben Feiler, Yasir Stroud, and Robert Eigenrauch will all be moving on from Jordan lacrosse and have played a huge role in creating a very successful lacrosse program. The future is bright for the Warbirds, as they return 3 star players at attack and two great juniors Marcus Greene and Jalen Peoples at DM, the young returning defense will look to keep up the success from this season. The playoff loss sadly ended the season for the Warbirds but they will be back next spring.