Tri-6 All Conference Lacrosse Teams Released

Lauryn Turner, Staff Writer

The 2019 lacrosse season may have been one of the most successful seasons in Jordan High School history. Both the boys and girls Varsity teams made history in different ways. The Lady Warbirds finished fourth in the Tri-6 Conference with a 9-6 overall record and 6-4 in conference play. They made the playoffs for the first time in program history, but fell short of advancing to the second round after losing 19-5 to Holly Springs.

The Warbirds, on the other hand, finished the season as Tri-6 Conference Champions, with a 15-2 overall record and were 10-0 in conference play. The boys finished with the best overall record in program history. The Warbirds also made the playoffs and were able to move on to the 2nd round, where they were defeated Apex High School, 16-8.

With all of this success, several Jordan players were named to the Tri-6 All Conference First and Second Teams as well as Honorable Mention. The Lady Warbirds had 4 players who made the cut. Junior Captain Ellie Mayer was named Player of the Year, as well as All- Conference First Team. Sophomore Lauryn Turner was named to the All-Conference Second Team. This season, the two stat leaders, Mayer and Turner, combined for 129 goals, 186 ground balls, and 21 assists, for a total of 150 points. Senior Sebastiana Olave and sophomore Elizabeth Feiler tallied up 15 ground balls each and both received Honorable Mention. Next season will be very exciting to look forward to, as the Lady Warbirds will return many of their starters and will hope to build from this historical season.

The Warbirds had a total of 8 players who made All-Conference First Team, Second Team, and Honorable Mention. Senior Captain Robert Eigenrauch, who had 140 saves on the season, was named Tri-6 Conference Player of the Year and All-Conference First Team. Senior Captain Yasir Stroud was a big contributor to the Warbird’s stats with 50 goals, 50 ground balls, 39 assists, and 89 points. With a successful senior season, Stroud joins Eigenrauch on the All-Conference First Team roster. Senior Ben Feiler and sophomore Sam Ferrel were also announced on the All-Conference First Team. Feiler made a huge impact on the defensive end with 34 ground balls and 22 takeaways, while Ferrel tallied up 44 goals, 68 ground balls, and 17 assists for a total of 61 points on the offensive end.

Senior Mason Perry, sophomore Jordan Dash, and sophomore Will Cupitt were listed on the All-Conference Second Team. Senior midfielder Mason Perry ended his career with 18 goals, 22 ground balls, 15 assists and 33 points on the season, while standout sophomore Jordan Dash, finished the 2019 season with 47 goals, 68 ground balls, 26 assists for a total of 73 points. Defender Will Cupitt was another important factor for the Falcon defense with 37 ground balls and 6 takeaways. Finally, senior Jack Perry received Honorable Mention with his 14 goals, 27 ground balls, 23 assists and 37 points.

Along with his successful players, Coach Michael Ricucci was able to receive an award himself as he was named Tri-6 Conference Coach of the Year. Although the Warbirds’ season ended sooner than they hoped, they look forward to next season, where they will continue to build their strong and thriving program.