Summer Workouts for Fall Sports in Full Swing

Back to Article
Back to Article

picture by Emma Tobin 2018

picture by Emma Tobin 2018

picture by Emma Tobin 2018

picture by Emma Tobin 2018

Summer workouts for fall sports have begun for the 2019 season at Jordan High School. Football, Boys Soccer, Volleyball, Field Hockey, and Cross Country have all started preseason workouts to prep for their respective seasons. Although tryouts will not occur until the first week of August for most sports, summer workouts are open to any Jordan High School student interested in playing a sport. Summer practices are a great way to show commitment to a team,  ready yourself for tryouts, and the season. All students, from rising freshman to rising seniors, are encouraged to find a spring sport they are interested in, and attend preseason workouts.

Boys Soccer

The Boys Soccer team are well into their summer workout schedule. The soccer team meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10:30 a.m. on Barringer Field at Jordan High School to prep for tryouts, and the upcoming season. All students interested in trying out for the soccer team are encouraged to attend these practices. The Falcons will be looking for a lot of new talent to add to their 2019 roster as they are losing 12 seniors from their 2018 team. If students have any questions concerning summer workouts or tryouts for boys soccer, feel free to email head coach Justin Finger at [email protected]

Football 

The Football team has also been hard at work for weeks prepping for the 2019 season. The Falcons are looking to build off of their impressive 2018 campaign in which they won a conference championship, but saw a first round exit from the playoffs. Summer workouts are open to any student of any grade level interested in playing football at Jordan. The football team meets twice a day every week Mondays through Thursdays. Morning sessions are held 7-8:30 a.m in the JHS weight room, and afternoon sessions are held from 6-8:15 p.m. out on the field. All interested students are encouraged to join. If interested students have any questions, feel free to contact head coach Anthony Barbour at [email protected] For more information about summer workouts for football, visit https://calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]ogle.com&ctz=America/New_York&pli=1 .

Cross Country 

Summer runs for cross country are well under way for the Falcons. All interested students from any grade level at Jordan are encouraged to join. If you are a well practiced runner, or are just looking to get in shape, the cross country team is a great environment for runners of all skill levels. Open workouts are held starting at 7 a.m. Monday-Friday at the Al Buehler Trail at Duke University, and on Saturdays at Herndon Park. If interested students have any questions, feel free to contact head coach Brendan Murray at [email protected] To get more information about dates and times, visit http://www.jordanfalconsxc.org/ .

Field Hockey

The Jordan High School field hockey team will be looking to add a lot of new players to their roster after losing many seniors after the 2018 season. Workouts for the field hockey team will start August 1st. Students of all grade levels are encouraged to come out and join the team, even if you have no prior field hockey experience.

Volleyball

The Jordan High School volleyball team has already begun to hit the hardwood in preparation for their 2019 season. All interested students of all skill levels are encouraged to attend their summer workouts. Information about summer workouts times and dates can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/jordanhsvolleyball/ .