Senior Signing Day!

Eight Members of the Class of 2020 Sign Letters of Intent

Lauryn Turner, Staff Writer

While many high school seniors are beginning to receive acceptance letters from their colleges of choice, some student-athletes have already made this decision. When choosing the right school to continue one’s academic and athletic career, the process can be very difficult. Many factors play into the decision such as location, size, and major. Last month, eight seniors signed a sheet of paper that would change their lives forever. November 13th, 2019 was National Letter of Intent Day and just five days later Jordan High School celebrated these student-athletes and their outstanding high school careers. 

Athletic Director, Rhonda Dreibelbis, opened the ceremony with a speech directed towards the athletes. She spoke highly of their many accomplishments. The first to sign was Marcus Greene (Hampton University, lacrosse), followed by Ellie Mayer (Bucknell University, lacrosse), Luke Hutchinson (Queens College, baseball), Ryan Wilson (Davidson College, baseball), Clayson Good (Queens College, golf), Jori Wilks (Queens College, basketball), Mariah Davenport (Coker University, basketball), and Ashley Roberts (Catawba College, basketball). Three athletes will move on to Division I institutions with those remaining attending Division II. These amazing athletes are among the 7% of high schoolers who go on to perform at the collegiate level. 

The Jordan athletic community is proud of these student-athletes and wishes them the best in their futures. Without their contributions, the Jordan boys and girls lacrosse teams, baseball team, golf team, and girls basketball team would not be in the position they are today. The next National Letter of Intent signing will be held in the Spring.