Boys Basketball Wins Three Straight

Coach Wallace Able to Turn the Falcon's Season Around After Poor Start

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys Basketball Wins Three Straight

Freddy Stanley, Chief Editor

The Jordan High School boys basketball team won their third straight game on Monday night, beating Green Level 66-20. Their win against the Gators comes off the back of two consecutive wins against Northern and Cummings High Schools respectively.

The Falcons have won five of their last seven games now, making great improvements since the start of the season. The only two losses to interrupt this winning streak were close. The Falcons fell just short of beating crosstown rivals Hillside on the road. After losing 64-42 to the Hornets just weeks before, the Falcons were able to force overtime in a hard-fought game. Unfortunately for the Falcons, Hillside just edged out the Falcons with the final score of 68-62 at the end of overtime.

The second of these two recent losses came against Concord High School in the Eastern Alamance Holiday Hoopla. The Falcons almost able to pull off the big win, but full just short, losing the game 49-47.

Although the Falcons have lost some close games recently, they have also been able to pull off some big wins. The biggest of these wins came against reigning Triangle-8 Conference champions, Panther Creek. After losing to Panther Creek three times in the 2018/19 season, the Falcons were able to get revenge against the Catamounts, beating them 73-66.

The Jordan High School boys basketball team is certainly a team on the rise. Even though the Falcons started off with a 1-5 record, the Falcons have pulled out five wins in their last seven to improve to 6-7. The Falcons are currently in third place in the Triangle-8 Conference, with a record of 3-3.

Much of this recent success can be attributed to the coaching of Rasheed Wallace. Wallace’s adjustments and expertise have helped the Falcons turn their season around and become serious contenders not only in the Triangle-8 Conference, but in the state of North Carolina.

The Falcons will look to improve to an overall record 7-7 tonight, on the road against the North Carolina School of Science and Math at 7:00 pm.

The Falcons will play five straight away games before they return to Jordan to play at home. The next home game will be against Cary High School on February 2nd at 6:30 pm.