Women’s Lacrosse Back in Action on March 3rd

Lauryn Turner, Staff Writer

The upcoming season looks bright for the Jordan High School women’s lacrosse team. Last season, the girls made their first-ever appearance in the state playoffs. After seeing their leading goalscorer, Ellie Mayer, go down with an injury, the team fell short of reaching the second round, losing to opponent Holly Springs 19-5. This fall, the Lady Warbirds competed in the Meredith College 6v6 tournament, playing against local high school teams from around the state. With the help of upperclassmen leadership, they were able to win the tournament, giving them positive momentum entering the season.

With tryouts hosted on February 12th, the team was able to add a few underclassmen to their already talented team. New additions included Gracie Davis, Abby Fish, and Pascale Gomez. The three will bring lots of talent to the field and will contribute greatly to the team’s success. The Lady Warbirds will also look for contributions from seniors Ellie Mayer, Gabi Overcast-Hawks, Hannah Sauls and Erin McCraw.

The Lady Warbirds hope to achieve many goals this season, such as winning the Tri-7 conference and making a run in the State Playoffs. The Tri-6 Conference turns into the Tri-7 Conference this year, with the addition of Green Level High School into the mix. Adding another talented team into one of the most competitive conferences in the state.

The Lady Warbirds will challenge the Panther Creek Catamounts at Claude Currie Stadium in their home opener on March 3rd at 7:00 pm. Please come out and support the team as they hope to make history this season.