Justin Allred Announced as New Head Football Coach at Jordan High School

Freddy Stanley, Chief Editor

On Tuesday, March 10th at 10 am, Jordan High School held a press conference to announce the hiring of their new football coach, Justin Allred. Allred will replace Anothony Barbour as the head football coach after Barbour announced that he was stepping down in January. 

Allred may be a new face at Jordan High School, but he is no stranger to North Carolina High School Football. As a player, Allred won the 2006 3A NCHSAA Football Championship at Eastern Randolph High School. After staying in NC for college, attending Campbell University for undergrad and East Carolina University for his masters, Allred began his coaching career at J.H. Rose High School in Greenville, NC. 

At J.H. Rose, Allred started out as the JV offensive coordinator and the wide receivers coach. In 2015, Allred became the Varsity offensive coordinator and took over as the quarterbacks coach. In his five seasons in this role, Allred has been in charge of play-calling for one of the most electric offenses in the state. In his first season as the offensive coordinator in 2015, Allred helped lead the Rampants to an NCHSAA 4A State Championship game. On the season, J.H. Rose was the highest-scoring offense in the state, averaging 49.3 points per game. 

Since 2015, Allred has been able to keep up the high offensive proficiency. During his varsity coaching career, Allred’s offenses have scored an average of 37.5 points per game. Allred has also been able to keep up with his winning ways, winning 64% of all games and having a playoff record of 7-4 over the last five seasons. 

Not only has Allred produced winning results on the field, but he has also helped many student-athletes take their careers to the next level. Since he began coaching, he has helped 20 players get scholarships to play college football. Offensive players that Allred has coached have won individual awards on the national level. Allred has coached MaxPreps Mid-Atlantic players of the week, as well as players who went on to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. 

Allred’s offensive expertise will look to bring exciting football to Jordan High School. In the last two seasons, Jordan has only averaged 28 points per game, a number that Coach Allred can improve upon. Allred will be faced with the challenge of continuing the success that former head coach Anthony Barbour has enjoyed over the past few seasons. The Falcons will enter the 2020 season as back to back conference champions and a team that has made three straight playoff appearances. Hopefully, Allred’s experience winning playoff games can help the Falcons, as the Falcons have been 0-3 in the playoffs over those three years.  

Coach Allred, along with his wife Carson and daughter Elliot, will join the Falcon family next season. 

Charles E. Jordan High School 

Durham, NC.