Get to Know Coach Allred

Get to Know Coach Allred

Neida Robles, Falcon Post Staff

Coach Allred is a first-year teacher and a first-year football coach at Jordan High School. Allred grew up in Ramseur, North Carolina, located outside of Asheboro, and studied at Campbell University with majors in biology and chemistry. He also attended East Carolina University, where he received his master’s degree. Before arriving at Jordan, Allred coached at Junius H. Rose High School in Greenville, North Carolina. When Allred isn’t coaching he is playing golf, cooking, and spending time with his family. He is also a big Braves fan! If he isn’t wearing Jordan gear he is wearing Braves gear. He loves to keep up with his students’ future plans, especially those who want to play football at a higher level. He is a Clemson, North CarolineState, 49ers, and Panthers fan as well.

One of his favorite spots in Durham, North Carolina is the Durham Bulls Park where he enjoys watching baseball games. He also loves North Carolina beaches. He has a fascination with music and listens to almost everything from country to rap music. Some of the artists he listens to include: Post Malone, Migos, Tupac, and Biggie. He is also a big Katy Perry Fan!

In why the choice to work at Jordan, Coach Allred said, “Jordan feels like family and the community is great.” He loves the quality players and admin the school has. As a teacher this year, he feels that virtual learning has been going well so far. He enjoys meeting and spending time talking to his students.

His goals for this year’s football team are to get full effort from every player, to finish top two in the conference, to spend more time with the team, and make sure the players understand team culture. He also wants to spend time working on football budgets. Allred said he wants to rebrand the team and it’s something he and his players are currently working on. According to the current schedule, the Jordan football team is scheduled to play seven games, which Coach Allred is very happy about. He said he is glad the team will be able to have a chance at the playoffs.

As of right now, Coach Allred hasn’t been able to have workouts with his team but he has started on cleaning up the locker room and getting new helmet logos. He wants the team to have a presence in the community and wants them held to a higher standard. “No one is bigger than the team,” Allred said. The hashtag used on social media, “#uncaged”, is just one way Allred said the football team can be used to identify the team as one.

Coach Allred has already started a Jordan High School merch website where everyone can buy Jordan gear. Although it is closed right now, he will be opening up the shop again soon. Make sure to follow the football team’s Instagram to get yourself some gear and stay updated on the team!