Spirit Week

Sarah Hanchey, Staff Writer

The best news of the year: JHS Spirit Week is back! Organized by Student Government, this year’s spirit week is going to live up to your classic high school movie expectations. 

With last year’s spirit week online, it is important to SGA to make this year’s spirit week exciting and accessible to all students. Student Body Vice President, May Stanfield, feels that now is an important time to bring the student body together and get them excited and involved. 

Below are the themes for each day next week. Remember, Spirit Week is all about being silly. You don’t need to spend any money. Instead, go all out with things you have around your home!

Monday October 25- Pajama Pants Day

Wear your comfiest, coziest pajama pants and whatever else you need to complete the look. Anything from flannel, to sweatpants, to fuzzy socks are encouraged!

Tuesday October 26- My Team Tuesday

Show spirit for your favorite high school, college, or professional team! Today the Duke v. UNC tensions will be high, but we can’t wait to see the other teams the Jordan Falcons cheer for. Wear your best jersey, favorite sweatshirt, or rep your team’s sweatpants. I for one will be wearing my UNC shoes. 

Wednesday October 27- Twin Day

Twin day, triplet day, quadruplet day! This is your chance to show off your matching outfits with friends. But make sure to go all out. We can all match wearing gray sweatpants. But not just anyone can pull off matching overalls…

Thursday October 28- Throwback Thursday

We know this is the day you’ve been waiting for. Wear anything but styles from the 2020s. Tie dye from the 60s, neon leg warmers from the 80s, or even a tailcoat from the other 80s are totally welcome.

Friday October 29- Class Colors @ Football Game

Friday is a teacher work day, but Spirit Week continues at the football game. Come in class colors to celebrate our Band, Cheer, and Football Seniors at 6:45 pm.The game starts at 7:00 pm and Homecoming Court is at halftime! 

Freshman- Black

Sophomores- Blue

Juniors- Red

Seniors- White

Join the Falcon Post staff in going all out for spirit week. We can’t wait to see all of your outfits! 

Send your favorite spirit week pictures to the SGA and Falcon Post Instagrams.

@cejordanstudentgov  @falconpostjhs