Jordan Baseball Downs Green Hope in Extra Innings

Freddy Stanley, Chief Editor

The Jordan High School Falcons took down the Green Hope Falcons last night 4-3 in an extra innings thriller at Green Hope. The game got off to a slow start, but Jordan was able to jump out to a 2-0 lead in the 4th inning. Green Hope responded in the 5th inning, scoring a run to make it 2-1. With victory seemingly in Jordan’s hands, Green Hope scored a tying run in the bottom on the 7th, forcing extra innings. The eighth inning saw the defensive battle continue with 0 runs scored, but Jordan took back the lead in the top of the 9th inning, only to see Green Hope equalize yet again in the bottom on the 9th. In the top of the 10th inning, Jordan was able to take the lead for good, shutting out Green Hope in the bottom of the 10th to win the game.

The Falcons were led on the night by senior Ben Miller, getting two hits from four at bats with one RBI. Junior captain Ryan Wilson also picked up two RBI’s for the Jordan Falcons on their way to a 4-3 win. Junior Luke Hutchinson started off the game on the mound for the Falcons allowing only 6 hits in five innings pitched, with four strike outs. Junior Mathew Khan came out of the bull pen to finish the game for Jordan, putting up an impressive final five innings with only three hits allowed and eight strike outs.

The Jordan Falcons return home on Thursday to play Green Hope yet again, in what is going to be heated rematch.