Girls Lacrosse Host Tri-6 Foes Cary on Senior Night

Riley Reeves, Sophomore Editor

The Women’s Lacrosse team will host Tri-6 rivals Cary on senior night. The Lady Falcons will play their final regular-season home game on April 25th at 6:30. Senior captain Eloise Osborne will play her final home game Thursday night and hopes to increase her season goal total to double digits (currently at 9 goals on the season). Other seniors such as Juliana Rodriguez, Ziah Starkley, Sebastiana Olave, Elise Ruhara, and Riley Sipe will look to end their careers with a win. After a 19-13 shootout win in favor of the Falcons last time these 2 teams met, the girls feel confident in their ability to send their seniors off right.

In addition to the Seniors, the Falcons are led by Ellie Mayer, an electrifying attacker and midfielder. Mayer recently committed to Bucknell as a highly touted athlete going into her junior year. Notching 76 goals and 10 assists on the season, Mayer has not only lived up to the hype but exceeded it. The Bucknell commit is responsible for a staggering 70% of the team’s goals so far.

Boasting a 7-5 overall record and 5-3 record in conference play, the team is a borderline playoff team. However, a senior night win would vastly improve the Lady Falcons’ resume as they attempt to seal the program’s first-ever playoff birth. The Falcons will finish their regular season on the road at Green Hope on Saturday the 27th.