Boys Lacrosse Set to Begin Playoffs

Pictures+provided+by+John+Brandenburg+%28+follow+on+instagram+%40brandenburgsviews%29+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys Lacrosse Set to Begin Playoffs

Pictures provided by John Brandenburg ( follow on instagram @brandenburgsviews)

Langston Brooks, Deputy Sports Editor

The Jordan High School Boys Lacrosse team are getting ready for what they hope will be an amazing run in the 4A Boys State Playoffs as they play Apex Friendship this Friday at 7 PM at Jordan High School. The Warbirds have capped off an amazing regular season, earning the best regular season record in Jordan lacrosse history. The 14-1 Falcons went undefeated in conference play which made them undisputed Triangle-Six Conference Champs.

The Warbirds are lead by Senior Captain, #28 Yasir Stroud, who leads the team in scoring this year and is a first team all-Tri-6 conference attackman. Robert Eigenrauch, first team all-Tri-6 conference goalie, and senior midfielders Jack and Mason Perry, have been major leaders and contributors to the team on and off the field this season. 

“ I feel very confident about this team this year and our chances of going far in the playoffs.” said Jalen Peoples, a junior defensive midfielder when asked where the team stands and what they plan to accomplish in the upcoming days. “We have been preparing for this moment all season and our commitment and dedication in practice day in and day out has shown on the field when we played and hopefully, it will also show in the postseason. We are not done yet and there is still work to be done.” 

One thing is for sure, with the resiliency and grit that Coach Riccuci and the Warbirds have shown on the field through their dominating performance this season, the best is yet to come for the Warbirds. With the regular season that they had, all eyes are on the Falcons to make a run at a state championship.